The Sales Manager oversees the daily sales operations within the Insurance Division and is responsible for the management, and development of all Sales Development Representatives, Sales Lead, and Senior Sales Representatives. On a daily basis the Sales Manager will track key sales team metrics, and measure the effectiveness of activities across the customer lifecycle, as well as the sales process. This role will also be responsible for timely response to the business needs and information requests from the sales and management team.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Ensure effective and productive execution of periodic sales reviews; maintain transparency on key sales execution and enablement topics and follow-up action items to closure; provide effective sales team communication.
- Provides best-practice sales coverage analysis; provides insight and recommendations on sales coverage improvement opportunities in line with sales strategy; support sales leaders in managing change to sales coverage.
- Tracks real-time sales metrics to share with division leadership.
- Conducts daily/weekly group training and sales meetings to encourage ongoing learning and team comradery.
- Develops processes, provides tools and reporting to increase productivity of Sales Development Representatives.
- Measures the performance of all Sales Development Representatives for their daily/monthly metrics: Dials per day, talk time, pitches, closed sales, etc.
- Conducts 1:1 coaching sessions with Sales Development Representatives to reflect on their current metrics, find opportunities for growth and write/issue performance improvement plans and documentation when necessary.
- Provides instant “curbside coaching” to Sales Development Representatives, listens to calls to review quality, and helps on-the-spot problem-solving.
- Works side by side with Sales Lead to divide responsibilities and ensure all sales targets are being met.
- Creates initiatives for Senior Sales Reps and encourages creativity for team initiatives.
- Develops sales metrics/targets alongside division leadership and calculates monthly commission numbers to provide to finance.
- Creates the Sales Development Representatives working schedules and follows up with tardiness, absences and approves of any PTO/Sick time taken.
- Is part of the hiring process for both Sales Development Representatives, and Customer Support Specialists: vets resumes, conducts final interviews, and is a decision maker for candidates.
- Works with Department heads to run and execute new sales initiatives and roll out new product enhancements/changes to processes
- Trained on Sales programs such as Salesforce and Conquer and responsible for troubleshooting when applicable.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred
- 3 - 5 years of experience in Sales Operations, and leadership.
- Knowledge of Salesforce
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Adaptable and has the ability to multitask
- A demonstrated ability to respond effectively to multiple conflicting priorities
Job Dutie Percentages:
- 30% Training and development/Coaching
- 40% Managing productivity
- 20% Analysing Data/ measuring performance to identify areas of opportunity
- 10% Strategizing on creative initiatives
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “requirements".
Digital Media Solutions® (DMS) is a leading provider of technology-enabled digital performance advertising solutions connecting consumers and advertisers.
DMS is a growing company that provides team members with opportunities to learn new technologies and enhance their skills. In addition to competitive salaries, reliable work schedules, access to technology, an energetic and connected work culture and an impressive suite of employee health and wellness benefits, DMS also offers employees the chance to further acquire industry knowledge and network with colleagues.
The culture at DMS is built on a foundation of collaboration, support and inclusion. DMS believes in the power of teamwork. DMS is more than just an award-winning company, we are a team that supports one another, challenges each other and celebrates together.