Location: Remote, USA
Reports to: Director of Compliance
In this role you will work closely with members of the Legal and Compliance team and across the organization supporting operational leaders and their teams to ensure our compliance practices and programs are in place and proactively mitigating risk for the organization. Your chief responsibility is to provide daily support, subject matter expertise, creation and oversight of DMS regulatory compliance controls, monitoring, testing, risk management, program governance, and process improvements.
- Conduct compliance and risk assessment activities.
- Build and maintain a first-class compliance program.
- Implement a testing and monitoring program to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of compliance controls and develop periodic reporting on the test results.
- Oversee the implementation of a revamped global vendor and contract management process.
- Draft and maintain a library of compliance policies and procedures.
- Manage regulatory engagement, including reporting, exams, and licensing.
- Work to simplify the legal, regulatory, and risk management requirements and develop strategies to support implementation of those requirements.
- Assist in fulfilling information requests from clients and third-party partners.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with business partners.
- Remain up-to-date on relevant industry, consumer protection, and privacy laws and regulations to ensure an ongoing ability to provide sound compliance advice.
- Assist with special projects when applicable
- 5+ years experience, in compliance, risk management, and/or auditing.
- Knowledge and application of consumer protection laws and regulations such as TCPA, CAN-SPAM, TILA, RESPA, ECOA, FCRA, UDAAP, and GLBA.
- Knowledge and application of data privacy laws and regulations such as CCPA, CPRA and GDPR.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills.
- Solid analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Comfortable with balancing multiple, competing priorities and changes in scope/direction.
- Willingness and ability to learn new laws, rules, and regulations and interpret and apply them.
- Ability to work independently and adaptively, anticipate and mitigate friction points, and take the initiative to promptly resolve and learn from challenges.
- Motivated to solve hard problems—the more complex the better.
- Intermediate technical background.
Preferred Job Requirements:
- Experience relating to SaaS centric issues that include privacy and security.
- Certifications such as CIPP/US or CIPP/E a plus.
- In-house experience at a cloud technology.
- Relevant experience in the Performance Marketing industry.
- Experience in claims and/or litigation management.
- Title insurance and/or financial services experience is a strong preference.
- Experience with ProcessUnity, OneSource or similar platforms, a plus.