Location: Fully Remote, USA
Reports to: Sales Manager
The Sales Development Representative will be responsible for identifying, sourcing, pitching, negotiating to close a strong pipeline of new customers, primarily through phone-based selling to work at Digital Media Solutions Insurance.
This role will support the DMS Insurance (DMSI) division of DMS.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Source new sales opportunities through a combination of follow-up to inbound leads and outbound cold calling and emailing.
- Understand customer needs and requirements and vet opportunities to determine viability within DMSI’s ecosystem.
- Identify qualified opportunities to develop and close so they may be supported by the customer success team.
- Achievement monthly sales quotas on a consistent basis.
- Research new prospects, identify key decision-makers, and generate interest.
- Maintain and expand a database of prospects that align with DMSI business needs.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of current market conditions, including target audience & competition.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 0-2 years of business development/sales experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite- Excel, Access, Outlook, Word, etc.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with an ability to present information to small groups
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “requirements.”
- Inside sales experience with a track record of over-achieving quotas
- Strong phone presence and experience conducting a high volume of cold calls
- Experience writing cold business emails
- Previous experience working with Salesforce.com
- Knowledgeable of corporate productivity and web presentation tools
- A current book of business with existing industry and brand contacts
- Knowledge of effectively managing and reporting on individual sales pipeline in order to hit monthly and quarterly sales quotas