The Director of Sales is a strong leader who is responsible for retaining and growing the Digital Media Solutions client base across various SaSS platforms. They are proven to have a successful history of net direct new business sales, and consistently show a consistent delivery against targets/metrics. The Director of Sales is responsible to coordinate the efforts of our sales team in order to bring on new clients to contribute to the growth of our business. In this role, you'll be responsible for providing the support needed to ensure the success of our salespeople, whether through generating leads, providing background information, or assisting in the close of a transaction. You will also be able to work closely with our management team in monitoring our sales efforts. They proactively evaluate seller performance and coach, guide, mentor, and manage as necessary. They also ensure employee compliance with company policies.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Provide direction and support to our sales team members, along with the education and example needed in order to help guarantee their success.
- Generate sales leads by working closely with our marketing and advertising department and presenting information on our company at trade shows and conventions.
- Work with our management team as well as our salespeople in analyzing sales performance to develop ambitious yet attainable sales goals for the current fiscal year.
- Coordinate the distribution of leads to the members of our sales team according to each salesperson's designated geographic area and/or account distributions, and then follow up on those leads to help ensure that they result in customer conversion.
- Educate yourself on our entire portfolio of products so as to become a resource of information for both our staff and our customers.
- Travel with salespeople when necessary to meet with current and prospective clients to help resolve concerns.
- Suggest product improvements to our research and development departments based upon client feedback.
- Present quarterly reports to our management team detailing the sales team's progression towards annual goals.
- Work with sales staff to help facilitate A/R, Collections, Enforce and maintain Credit Limits and budget caps.
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “requirements.”
- 5 - 7 Years of experience in Sales, and holding a leadership role
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or Communications preferred. Strong background in sales, specifically SaaS sales preferred
- Experience managing and closing complex technical sales.
- Prior experience in planning and/or data modeling