Title: Director, Sales & Operations (Insurance) - Call Center
Reporting to: EVP, DMS Insurance
This position is responsible for overseeing and managing licensed insurance agents and managing the operations for their team within the DMS Tennessee Call Center Operations. Ensure licensed insurance agents are producing their required metrics and KPIs from their warm-transfers in various insurance products. The candidate will need proficient knowledge and skill building call center management systems to enable them to accurately portray the overall performance of the lead flow, lead quality, volume, and realized end results. They will oversee the entire daily operation of the medicare agent division call center of approximately 60-100 agents.
Digital Media Solutions® (DMS) is a leading provider of technology-enabled digital performance advertising solutions connecting consumers and advertisers.
DMS is a growing company that provides team members with opportunities to learn new technologies and enhance their skills. In addition to competitive salaries, reliable work schedules, access to technology, an energetic and connected work culture and an impressive suite of employee health and wellness benefits, DMS also offers employees the chance to further acquire industry knowledge and network with colleagues.
The culture at DMS is built on a foundation of collaboration, support and inclusion. DMS believes in the power of teamwork. DMS is more than just an award-winning company, we are a team that supports one another, challenges each other and celebrates together.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Lead, supervise, and coach a team of approximately 60-100 call center licensed insurance agents.
- Manage day to day call center operations to ensure smooth workflow and achievement of predetermined goals.
- Perform one-on-one observations and mentoring representatives with on-going training, feedback, and or coaching.
- Prepare and analyze statistical reports to evaluate performance.
- Present potential solutions using our world class suite of insurance products.
- Develop and maintain effective organization of responsibility, including efficient recruiting, training, coaching, recognition, workflow patterns, performance standards, delineation of duties and responsibilities, staffing levels and supervision.
- Work with HR on workforce planning to ensure appropriate staffing needs can be measured; training and development goals can be established, and contingent workforce options can be used to create an optimally staffed and trained workforce able to respond to the needs of the business.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or the recognized equivalent in work experience or a combination of work experience
- A track record of building a successful call center
- 5+ years' experience of insurance sales experience with solid knowledge of health & life products
- 2+ years' experience in Medicare Advantage and Supplement product sales
- 5+ years of leadership experience, preferably in a call center environment
- Strong coaching and performance management background.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Analytical skills to understand key performance metrics
- AHIP certified
- Current state Health Insurance license
- Insurance Services background
- An excellent knowledge of Call Center monitoring and tracking systems, Salesforce, 5/9, CRM’s, Excel, Power Point, Contact Management Systems
Note: this is a full-time role with an annual salary, plus commission and bonus potential.
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “requirements.”
Why you should choose us over any other opportunity?
- Growth opportunities – we offer leadership development training and promote from within for those employees seeking career advancement
- A culture that is focused on a constructive communication process
- Supportive management team that aids and encourages development and career progression
- Ongoing coaching and career development including individual and group coaching sessions
- Fast-paced, high performance environment
- We represent multiple carriers in 50 states
We offer a rewards package that is 2nd to none
- Competitive base hourly rate & commission, with chance to earn performance-based bonuses
- A generous benefit package, paid time off including company holidays
- Participate in company-sponsored retirement savings plans (401k).
- Paid Mental Health and Wellness Benefits.
Work Location & Schedule:
- The Director, Sales & Operations will be required to work 40 hours per week
- This position is located in Memphis, Tennessee