Reports to: Director, Product Analytics
Location: Remote, USA
The Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for gathering business data to enhance how DMS approaches its decision-making by using data to answer questions about our past, present, and future needs. This role reports to the Director of Product Analytics who is responsible for creating narratives with complex data to drive business decisions across the Organization.
- Ability to understand the business at a deep level to understand the root cause of problems and create insights and continuous improvements.
- Ability to communicate technical ideas effectively and ask the right questions to enable the Analyst to understand all the requirements, dependencies and potential motives or needs to enable them to solve the problems with the use of data.
- Perform daily reporting, online analytical processing, dashboard development, data mining, process mining, complex event processing, business performance management, benchmarking, predictive modeling and analytics.
- Discover patterns of user engagement and behavior via exploratory analysis, including assessing trends, cohorts, funnels, and user flows.
- Make actionable recommendations about feature development and prioritization based on a deep understanding of user engagement and behavior.
- Work closely with teams across the organization to support initiatives and specific strategies.
- 3+ years experience working in a quantitative, analytical or product role, preferably at a high-growth software company or in management consulting.
- 2+ years managing analysts.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a quantitative field.
- Confidence in your reasoning ability to make recommendations, even in the absence of perfect data, and you are excited to solve ambiguous problems.
- Moderate knowledge using SQL and Python to manipulate and query large data sets.
- Ability to prioritize and lead initiatives across multiple stakeholders.
- Strong communications skills that lead you to be comfortable interacting with leadership, technical and non-technical teams to quickly turn insights into actions.
- Ability to weave cohesive, logical narratives from complex data-driven insights.
- Knowledge of the principles that are foundational to robust experimentation.
- Collaborative leader with no hesitation to “dive into the details” to find solutions.
- Advanced knowledge using SQL and Python to manipulate and query large data sets. Even better--you have experience with Spark and/or with visualization tools like Looker or Tableau.
- Experience working with Product Managers and defining product requirements
Roadmap for the first 90 Days
- Partner with Product & Engineering teams to establish an analytics roadmap for each squad based on team needs and strategic priorities.
- Define processes to enable the team to maximize their impact across the organization.
- Develop a working knowledge of existing data sources, opportunities for improvement, and how data is processed in our ETLs.