The Paralegal/Legal Assistant is responsible for supporting the Legal department through administrative work. This role will be responsible for assisting members of the Legal department with tracking contracts, scheduling travel and other appointments, and coordinating with other departments.
Reports to: General Counsel, EVP of Compliance & HR
Location: Clearwater, Florida (Corporate Headquarters)
· Perform general administrative support for the Legal Department
· Manage overall workflow for the Legal Department.
· Scanning documents for delivery purposes and to reduce paper document retention.
· Printing and copying documents.
· Draft standard contracts; including confidentiality agreements, consulting agreements, etc.
· Receive and screen telephone calls and correspondence
· Coordinate with in-house and outside counsel on specific legal issues, and organization of research files and memoranda
· Organize and maintain corporate record books. Assist with regulatory licensing and compliance matters, including assembling necessary applications for various entities and filing annual reports.
- Assist with legal department administration support, including document management
· Prepare/revise general correspondence, memoranda, reports, PowerPoint presentations and other legal documents
- Perform general administrative support for the Legal Department
- Assist with preparing, sorting, and mailing legal documents.
- Partner with technical personnel to automate processes and improve organizational efficiency
- Provide support on special projects and other tasks as assigned
- Business and corporate legal experience a plus.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Solid calendaring, organizational, and multi-tasking skills.
- The ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines, including the ability to effectively prioritize among multiple projects.
- Willingness and ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Excellent MS Office Suite skills
- Bachelor’s degree and paralegal certificate preferred, but not required.
- High attention to detail and organization
- Ability to exercise confident and professional judgment
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with cross-functional teams and high level executives and board members
· Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple, high priority projects with a keen attention to detail and within a demanding environment
· Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
· A high degree of confidentiality.
Also a Plus:
· Knowledgeable in the digital marketing or lead generation industry
· Communicates easily with a variety of people
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “requirements.”