Under the direction of DMS's General Counsel, this position will oversee the company's data privacy, TCPA, CCPA, and related department compliance activities. This position chosen candidate understands the benefits of compliance as a component of business performance and acts as a key person in the development of DMS’s products and services. This position is the key resource to collaborate with senior leadership as well as all departments where compliance risks exist in partnership with SVP of HR and CFO as it relates to People, Finance or Business related compliance areas. This position will ensure the company is properly addressing its compliance issues and risk profile.
Reports to: General Counsel, EVP of Compliance
• Develop and maintain position working relationship with both internal and external clients
• Act as the primary liaison between the Legal Department and Compliance Department
• Oversee and manage consumer complaint intake and response process and develop associated policies and procedures
• Act as the central point of contact for business units and external clients on compliance matters in conjunction with SVP of HR and CFO.
• Lead, direct, and implement a variety of compliance initiatives across the company including, but not limited to, CCPA, TCPA, and other consumer-focused compliance programs
• Ability to effectively generate, edit, and communicate guidelines to the Compliance Department and business units, and obtain clarity from the Legal Department as necessary
• Manage relationships with the company’s customers and interact with customers’ counsel on compliance matters
• Partner with Human Resources and Finance to implement company-wide employment law compliance programs
• Create, distribute, and maintain compliance documentation for auditing purposes
• Oversee and direct compliance team to QA creative and other content on live web pages to ensure all are compliant with applicable law
• Manage and direct vendor intake and vetting process
• Ensure consistency of compliance processes across the organization and improve lines of communication between business units on compliance matters
• Juris Doctorate Degree from an ABA-accredited law school, 3-5 years’ experience minimum.
• Must be admitted to a recognized bar
• Experience working in-house
• Experience working with consumer-facing legal matters
• Stay current on recent legal developments that might impact the operations of the business.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with cross-functional teams and high level executives and board members
• Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple, high priority projects with a keen attention to detail and within a demanding environment
• The ability to identify significant legal exposures for the company while maintaining a practical approach to protecting against them.
• A high degree of confidentiality.
• Knowledge of laws and regulations affecting the digital media, performance marketing, and lead generation landscape