Under the direction of DMS's General Counsel, this position will oversee the company's data privacy, TCPA, CCPA, HR, and other compliance initiatives. This position will drive a corporate culture that sees and understands the benefits of compliance as a component of business performance and act as a key person in the development of DMS’s products and services. This position is the key resource to collaborate with senior leadership as well as all departments where compliance risks exist. This position will ensure the company is properly addressing its compliance issues and risk profile.
Reports to: General Counsel, EVP of Compliance & HR
• Develop and maintain position working relationship with both internal and external clients
• Act as the primary liaison between the Legal Department and Compliance Department
• Oversee and manage consumer complaint intake and response process and develop associated policies and procedures
• Act as the central point of contact for business units and external clients on compliance matters
• Lead, direct, and implement a variety of compliance initiatives across the company including, but not limited to, CCPA, TCPA, and other consumer-focused compliance programs
• Ability to effectively generate, edit, and communicate guidelines to the Compliance Department and business units, and obtain clarity from the Legal Department as necessary
• Manage relationships with the company’s customers and interact with customers’ counsel on compliance matters
• Coordinate with Human Resources to implement company-wide employment law compliance programs
• Create, distribute, and maintain compliance documentation for auditing purposes
• Oversee and direct compliance team to QA creative and other content on live web pages to ensure all are compliant with applicable law
• Manage and direct vendor intake and vetting process
• Proactively communicate with business units in identifying errors or providing constructive feedback on compliance matters
• Ensure consistency of compliance processes across the organization and improve lines of communication between business units on compliance matters
• Juris Doctorate Degree from an ABA-accredited law school, 1-5 years’ experience minimum.
• Must be admitted to a recognized bar
• Internship experience required for new attorneys
• Experience working in-house
• Experience working with consumer-facing legal matters
• Experience frequently working with consumer law matters
• Experience with employment law related issues a plus
• Stay current on recent legal developments that might impact the operations of the business.
• Knowledge of laws and regulations affecting the digital media, performance marketing, and lead generation landscape
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with cross-functional teams and high level executives and board members
• Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple, high priority projects with a keen attention to detail and within a demanding environment
• The ability to identify significant legal exposures for the company while maintaining a practical approach to protecting against them.
• Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
• A high degree of confidentiality.
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “requirements.”