Location: Remote, USA
Reports to: Senior Counsel
Summary: Under the direction of DMS's Senior Counsel, this position will assist with day-to-day transactional work within the Legal Department, including, but not limited to, review and editing of contracts, completion and updating of templates, and other such tasks.
- Review, edit, and draft DMS and third-party agreements on both a client and vendor basis
- Coordinate with business units to obtain information relating to DMS contracts and ensure compliance with applicable laws and obligations to third parties
- Proactively communicate with business units in identifying errors or providing constructive feedback on compliance matters
- Ensure consistency of contracts across the organization
- Proactive oversight and management of IO process for DMS-wide IO’s.
- Administration and oversight of document maintenance and usage of ContractWorks for Legal needs.
- Provide general administrative support to the department
- Complete other tasks as assigned
- Juris Doctorate Degree from an ABA-accredited law school, 0-1 years’ experience minimum.
- Newly admitted attorneys welcome to apply
- Must be admitted to a recognized bar
- Internship experience required for new attorneys
- Experience in-house or in the digital marketing space preferred
- Stay current on recent legal developments that might impact the operations of the business.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with cross-functional teams and high level executives and board members
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple, high priority projects with a keen attention to detail and within a demanding environment
- The ability to identify significant legal exposures for the company while maintaining a practical approach to protecting against them.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A high degree of confidentiality.
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “requirements.”