Reports to: CEO
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
The Senior Executive Assistant is responsible for providing executive support for the CEO of a dynamic and growing publicly traded digital performance advertising company. The company specializes in providing Ad-Tech and Mar-Tech services to a diverse set of clients including Fortune 500 / 100 brands. The primary responsibility of this position is to create maximum efficiency for the CEO and to enable the CEO to focus on leadership, high level decision making, relationships, and vision.
The Senior Executive Assistant (Senior EA) serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the office of the CEO; serves as a liaison to the Executive Team; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; oversees special projects; and coordinates information flow, materials and logistics for board and committee/Executive Team meetings.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
The position requires excellent time management skills as well as the ability to work in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation, and the ability to project manage more than one project, setting and scheduling milestones, while keeping the CEO current on progress of several projects/initiatives. The Senior EA will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
This position is a critical role that will be delegated authority regarding matters of significance. It requires diligence in handling confidential and critical information about the company, its employees and clients with the utmost discretion. The position is also critical to CEO leadership through carefully balancing internal and external engagement.
- Manages the CEO calendar, scheduling internal and external meetings, including cadence meetings with direct reports, schedules appointments and plans events related specifically to CEO’s individual and joint activities, meetings, appointments, and speaking engagements
- Manages the CEO’s email and contacts in G-Suite and ensures the appropriate preparation and follow-up for appointments and communication with external parties
- Takes ownership of and is accountable for making sure that all critical emails and matters that come to the CEO are addressed and responses or directions are provided in a timely manner
- Ensures CEO is briefed on objectives and goals of each meeting and well prepared with notes, printed material and presentations where applicable
- Attends meetings with the CEO, records and files meeting notes/minutes, derives and tracks the execution of resulting action items
- Collaborates with the CEO and, where applicable, the Executive Team, to ensure that goals and objectives are being appropriately tracked and achieved, and that priorities are being communicated effectively
- Keeps track of projects and initiatives including own assignments; exercises good judgement in prioritizing tasks to meet deadlines, keeping the CEO informed of changes in deadlines or priorities
- Optimizes CEO’s time by reading, researching, and routing all email correspondence; drafting letters; creating presentations and documentation; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications
- Manages the CEO’s company wide, client, and public appearances, prioritizing and preparing for key meetings and events
- Represents the CEO by attending meetings in their absence when requested; speaking for the CEO when instructed to do so; taking notes, deriving and tracking action items resulting from meetings and debriefing CEO
- Manages and tracks projects that the CEO is involved with by monitoring and setting timelines
- Develops/coordinates building of PowerPoint decks for internal and external meetings (conferences, workshops, town halls, site visits, etc.); prepares all material for CEO prior to such engagements
- Coordinates and facilitates operations and strategic reviews such as Executive Team meetings, off-sites, town halls, and quarterly strategy meetings
- Builds and drives regular cadence of communications to various stakeholders including internal employees, external audiences, etc.
- Keeps records and tracks Key Performance Indicators that are critical to the CEO’s companies and of the direct reports as applicable, and briefs the CEO on the same on a monthly basis
- Collaborates with CEO, team members & stakeholders to derive intelligence in advising CEO on priorities and deadlines
- Keeps CEO updated on current company climate (employee wellbeing, new proposals, team successes, workload)
- Works with IT to manage repairs and/or resolves issues related to CEO’s phone, computer(s), and other technology
- Prioritizes CEO’s tasks (based on set of rules) ensuring deadlines are met
- Collaborates with Marketing to manage CEO’s social media accounts (creating content, responding and interacting on CEO’s behalf, keeping CEO up to date on important posts or opportunities, etc.)
- Works with Business Development team to coordinate, register and prepare for executives’ speaking engagements and conference attendance; takes notes, collects business cards, tracks business development opportunities, scheduling meetings, deriving follow up action items and correspondence
- Manages CEO’s speaking engagements and requirements for conference presentations, as well as offsite meetings; will travel with CEO to the same and provide support by taking notes, scheduling meetings, deriving and tracking action items, and composing follow up correspondence
- Coordinates all aspects of domestic & international travel (flights, ground transportation, accommodations, renewing passports, global entry, etc.)
- Other duties and ad-hoc projects as assigned by CEO
- Schedules appointments & manage project completion for household repairs, vehicles, cleaning staff, etc.
- Takes care of executives’ recurring personal tasks such as medication refills, annual check-ups, car maintenance, AC maintenance scheduling, subscriptions, household bill payment, grocery shopping, gifting, household duties while CEO travels, etc.
- 8+ years of consecutive experience being a Senior EA/PA
- Highly adept at identifying needs and anticipating requirements ahead of time
- Organized and able to manage projects, drive the execution of initiatives, and plan and execute events
- Capable of executing on projects with little to no direction in an individual or group setting
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Deadline driven with accurate and effective execution on all assignments
- Intermediate to advanced experience in G-Suite products including Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, Sharepoint
- Has a record of punctual, regular and predictable attendance
- Ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure
- Very strong attention to detail and ability to multitask in a busy and fast-changing work environment
- Perform their duties without specific instructions or prescribed procedures
- Social media content management experience preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
- Reside in proximity to West Palm Beach, Florida
Key Experience - Proven Qualifications
- Strong understanding that their role is to create maximum efficiency for the CEO and enabling the CEO to focus on high level decision making, relationships, and vision
- Strong problem-solving skills, and ability to navigate around roadblocks, reporting solutions versus problems
- Persistent in achieving goals and capable of improving outcomes through innovation in approach and processes
- Loyal, honest and with solid professional ethics and the understanding that this position will make the employee privy to confidential information about the executives, other employees in EPE, EPE’s clients etc., as well as other business of the CEO
- Team player with maturity in managing people and a relaxed approach to resolving conflict
- Ability to work with ambiguity
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “requirements.”
- Job will require occasional domestic & international travel to accompany executives for meetings with clients and stakeholders or to job sites & conferences which may include overnight stays
Digital Media Solutions® (DMS) is a leading provider of technology-enabled digital performance advertising solutions connecting consumers and advertisers.
DMS is a growing company that provides team members with opportunities to learn new technologies and enhance their skills. In addition to competitive salaries, reliable work schedules, access to technology, an energetic and connected work culture and an impressive suite of employee health and wellness benefits, DMS also offers employees the chance to further acquire industry knowledge and network with colleagues.
The culture at DMS is built on a foundation of collaboration, support and inclusion. DMS believes in the power of teamwork. DMS is more than just an award-winning company, we are a team that supports one another, challenges each other and celebrates together.