The Legal Operations Specialist, reporting to the General Counsel is responsible for supporting the Legal department with administrative support to members of the team.
This role will be responsible for assisting members of the Legal department with the tracking and storage of material legal documents, including all legal contracts and other filings, as well as litigation and case management assistance for any disputes involving the Company. The Legal Operations Specialist will work closely with the Legal Department and all internal business units to drive efficiency of the Company.
Reports to: General Counsel, EVP of Compliance
Location: Clearwater, Florida (Corporate Headquarters)
- Perform general administrative support for the Legal Department, including contract management, litigation and case management, management of correspondence with internal and external teams regarding legal matters, and assistance with Legal Department billing.
- Manage overall workflow for the Legal Department by communicating with internal business customers on intake of priority items, setting clear expectations on legal tracking and providing timely responses to internal and external inquiries.
- Scanning documents for delivery purposes and to reduce paper document retention.
- Draft standard contracts; including confidentiality agreements, consulting agreements, etc.
- Acting as liaison among all parties including court or other neutrals for scheduling and sharing information.
- Organizing and managing documents, including the creation of spreadsheets and retrieval systems.
- Coordinating the collection, review and production of documents and responding to discovery requests.
- Researching case-related factual issues using in-house files and outside reference sources
- Compiling information and, preparing statistics, charts, graphs and other summaries to detail the findings
- Receive and screen telephone calls and correspondence with outside legal counsel, opposing counsel and business clients.
- Coordinate with in-house and outside counsel on specific legal issues, and organization of research files and memoranda.
- Organize and maintain corporate record books. Assist with regulatory licensing and compliance matters, including assembling necessary applications for various entities and filing annual reports.
- Prepare/revise general correspondence, memoranda, reports, PowerPoint presentations and other legal documents
- Assist with preparing, sorting, and mailing legal documents.
- Partner with technical personnel to automate processes and improve organizational efficiency, including ContractWorks document management software.
- Provide support on special projects and other tasks as assigned
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Solid calendaring, organizational, and multi-tasking skills.
- The ability to work , independently, efficiently and meet deadlines, including the ability to effectively prioritize among multiple projects.
- Excellent MS Office Suite skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- High attention to detail and organization
- Ability to exercise confident and professional judgment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with cross-functional teams and high level executives and board members
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple, high priority projects with a keen attention to detail and within a demanding environment
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A high degree of confidentiality.
Also a Plus:
- Business experience
- Knowledgeable in the digital marketing or lead generation industry
- Communicates easily with a variety of people
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “requirements.”