The Cloud Architect is responsible for building and maintaining the cloud infrastructure to meet business requirements, enable engineers, and mitigate risk. Individuals in this role are empowered to be creative and innovative in order to solve dynamic business problems. The DMS cloud system is a large scale system that handles millions of transactions daily and the Cloud Architect is responsible for maintaining key features on a daily basis.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Responsible Cloud Services including, but not limited to: design for scalability, performance, security and reliability.
- Administers and supports operating systems: Unix/Linux based Operating Systems, and MySQL/Postgres/Redshift databases.
- Involved in the planning, design and implementation of governance practices for cloud design, security, development, and usability.
- Automates the deployment of new software to cloud environments in coordination with DevOps engineers.
- Writes code and scripts that automate cloud solutions. Python and bash skills preferred.
- Collaborates with engineers, product owners and designers to solve challenging problems and evaluate technical feasibility
- 3-5+ years of Linux-based IT experience
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
- 3 years solid experience with AWS services such as S3, EC2, VPC, Redshift, RDS, CodeDeploy, CloudWatch, AWS-CLI
- Knowledge of Cloud networking and infrastructure and Cloud security practices.
- Experience supporting web servers such as Apache, or Nginx
- Experience developing and implementing security policies
- Thorough understanding of Agile Software Development
- Flexibility in adapting to rapidly changing requirements
- Ability to work independently but also able to communicate cross-functionally to seek out information when required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent technical, analytical, documentation and problem-solving skills