Reports to: SVP of Emerging Products
Location: Remote, USA
The Director of Product Analytics is a high-visibility position that will manage and mentor a team of senior and junior analysts that are embedded within various product squads. The Product Analytics team will be charged with:
- Collaborating with PMs and engineers to define analytics requirements for each product launch.
- Designing, executing and analyzing experiments that contribute to organizational knowledge and critical product decisions.
- Maintaining data-models / reporting to empower product management and engineering with data and insights.
- Ad-hoc analysis to identify issues and opportunities that improve user experience.
- Partner closely with Product, Operations, Partner Management and Engineering to create hypotheses, generate insights, and prioritize opportunities.
- Discover patterns of user engagement and behavior via exploratory analysis, including assessing trends, cohorts, funnels, and user flows.
- Make actionable recommendations about feature development and prioritization based on a deep understanding of user engagement and behavior.
- Communicate and evangelize findings across the team and organization.
- Build dashboards, reports, and alerting systems to enable ongoing, self-service analysis and monitoring of product and business performance for individual users all the way through Executive Dashboards.
- Work with Engineering to improve analytics data collection and have clean and consistent analytics schemas from all of our various business lines to enable us to make informed decisions.
- 7+ years experience working in a quantitative, analytical or product role, preferably at a high-growth software company or in management consulting
- 2+ years managing analysts
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a quantitative field--MS/MBA is a bonus
- Confidence in your reasoning ability to make recommendations even in the absence of perfect data, and excitement to solve ambiguous problems
- Moderate knowledge using SQL and Python to manipulate and query large data sets
- Ability to prioritize and lead initiatives across multiple stakeholders
- Strong communications skills that lead you to be comfortable interacting with leadership, technical and non-technical teams to quickly turn insights into actions
- Ability to weave cohesive, logical narratives from complex data-driven insights
- Knowledge of the principles that are foundational to robust experimentation
- Collaborative leader with no hesitation to “dive into the details” to find solutions
- Advanced knowledge using SQL and Python to manipulate and query large data sets; even better, having experience with Spark and/or with visualization tools like Looker or Tableau.
- Experience working with Product Managers and defining product requirements
Roadmap for the first 90 Days
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “requirements.”
- Partner with Product & Engineering teams to establish an analytics roadmap for each squad based on team needs and strategic priorities.
- Define processes to enable the team to maximize their impact across the organization.
- Develop a working knowledge of existing data sources, opportunities for improvement, and how data is processed in our ETLs.