Experienced Payroll Specialist responsible for all payroll-related tasks. The Sr. Payroll Specialist's responsibilities include collecting and reviewing employee information and working hours, calculating wages, preparing and processing employee payments, and maintaining accurate payroll records. To be successful as a Sr. Payroll Specialist you should be able to investigate and resolve payroll issues and ensure strict compliance with company and regulatory standards. An outstanding Sr. Payroll Specialist should also have excellent people skills and a high numerical aptitude
Reports to: Director of Total Rewards & Global Payroll
· Collect timesheet data and payroll information
· Enter and monitor scheduled payroll adjustments and deductions into payroll system
· Calculate wages, benefits, tax deductions, commissions, etc.
· Maintain all hourly payroll data and files: including employee paperwork and reports
· Payroll research and trouble-shooting as required
· Create payroll journal entries for accounting
· Perform account balance and payroll reconciliations
· Assist with benefit enrollments, terminations, questions, and reports
· Track unclaimed paycheck reports and compliance audits
· Handle unemployment claim forms and inquires
· Track certification and continued education reimbursements
· Assist Accounting department with period close bank reconciliations
· Process Corporate Accounting check runs and other accounting duties as deemed necessary
· Assume other duties as assigned by the Director of Total Rewards
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Business/Accounting/Finance; or
- Four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
Ability to work under ambitious timelines in a start-up, entrepreneurial environment. Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “requirements.”