Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
- Co-create scalable web and mobile applications with other engineers.
- Collaborate in our product & design team to create new features, tools, and improve functionality and user-experience of our current offerings.
- Lead direction of front-end engineering and application user-interface design.
- Assist in back-end, API integration and development.
- Day-to-day you may additionally…
- Investigate, fix, and proactively avoid defects.
- Contribute to Scrum activities within your team: groom the backlog, plan and execute work in progress, and refine your team's process.
- Collaborate with backend developers on solutions, integration points, API contracts, etc.
- Collaborate with product analysts and designers on UX and overall solutions.
- Collaborate with QA testers on end-to-end testing coverage of your work.
- Contribute to technical and process improvements that help us and you level up, e.g. helping to optimize our build, release, and test processes.
- 5+ years' professional experience as a software engineer.
- Experience utilizing RESTful web services, APIs.
- Solid understanding of HTTP standards and networking in general.
- Ability to manipulate graphics/images for use in applications.
- Experience implementing applications using style guides and wireframes.
- Understanding of backend architecture principles and RESTful design.
- Team-oriented and collaborative, capacity to mentor junior team members.
- Leadership ability, excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Self starter, motivated by personal enrichment.
- Experience with latest technologies including ES6+, HTML5, CSS3.
- Understanding of bundling, transpiling—Webpack, Babel, Sass.
- Experience with a server-side languages.
- Experience collaborating with other developers using GitHub/BitBucket.
- Knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Good eye and passion for quality UI/UX design.
- Proficiency with Sketch and Photoshop.
- Extra Qualifications:
- Experience in any of these tools and services: Docker, Jira, Confluence, GTM, Optimizely.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services such as EC2, S3, SES, Lambda.
- Experience with emerging technologies we have adopted recently or are considering: JSON:API, GraphQL.
- Experience working within a microservice architecture.