Location: Remote, USA
Reports to: General Counsel, EVP of Compliance
Under the direction of DMS’s General Counsel, this position will provide legal support for DMS’s regulatory compliance matters. Under the direction of DMS's General Counsel, this position will oversee the company's data privacy, TCPA, CCPA, and related department compliance activities. This position chosen candidate understands the benefits of compliance as a component of business performance and acts as a key person in the development of DMS’s products and services. This position is the key resource to collaborate with senior leadership as well as all departments where compliance risks exist in partnership with SVP of HR and CFO as it relates to People, Finance or Business related compliance areas. This position will ensure the company is properly addressing its compliance issues and risk profile.
- Develop and maintain position working relationship with both internal and external clients
- Act as the primary liaison between the Legal Department and Compliance Department
- Oversee and manage consumer complaint intake and response process and develop associated policies and procedures
- Act as the central point of contact for business units and external clients on compliance matters in conjunction with SVP of HR and CFO.
- Lead, direct, and implement a variety of compliance initiatives across the company including, but not limited to, CCPA, TCPA, and other consumer-focused compliance programs.
- Provide legal advice and counsel with respect to securities laws and all public company disclosure matters, including drafting and reviewing filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (e.g. Annual Reports on Form 1O-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, and Current Reports on Form 8-K) and the advising with respect to the use of non-GAAP financial measures and other disclosure issues
- Provide legal advice on debt and equity offerings and other corporate treasury matters.
- Provide legal advice and counsel with respect to public company corporate governance matters, including shareholder relations and transfer agent issues, corporate governance documents, and compliance with stock exchange listing requirements
- Ability to effectively generate, edit, and communicate guidelines to the Compliance Department and business units, and obtain clarity from the Legal Department as necessary
- Manage relationships with the company’s customers and interact with customers’ counsel on compliance matters
- Partner with Human Resources and Finance to implement company-wide employment law compliance programs
- Create, distribute, and maintain compliance documentation for auditing purposes
- Oversee and direct compliance team to QA creative and other content on live web pages to ensure all are compliant with applicable law
- Manage and direct vendor intake and vetting process
- Ensure consistency of compliance processes across the organization and improve lines of communication between business units on compliance matters
- Juris Doctorate Degree from an ABA-accredited law school, 5+ years’ experience minimum.
- Must be admitted to a recognized bar
- 3-4 years of supervisory experience required.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience with securities matters, SEC compliance, debt and equity financings, corporate governance and M&A.
- Experience working in-house
- Experience working with consumer-facing legal matters
- Stay current on recent legal developments that might impact the operations of the business.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with cross-functional teams and high level executives and board members
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple, high priority projects with a keen attention to detail and within a demanding environment
- The ability to identify significant legal exposures for the company while maintaining a practical approach to protecting against them.
- A high degree of confidentiality.
• Knowledge of laws and regulations affecting the digital media, performance marketing, and lead generation landscape.Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “requirements.”