Reports to: Head of People, Human Resources
Location: Remote, USA
The SVP of People & HR Operations will be responsible for supporting the People and Operations team under the direction of the EVP of People & HR Operations. The candidate will be responsible for the people operations, talent acquisition and learning and development initiatives. This role will also ensure that DMS follows relevant laws and regulations, guiding our teams through any employee relations issues that may arise. The SVP of People & HR Operations role will require laser-focus strategic talent management, planning, workforce analytics, organizational design, diversity equity and inclusion (DE&I), and performance management. In addition, the SVP of People will focus on leadership development and organizational effectiveness, ensuring initiatives are tied to employee engagement and performance.
- Develop, manage and mentor a high-functioning HR team, assessing and providing development opportunities for each member.
- Use analytics and metrics to drive strategic decision-making in relation to people and policies.
- Develop initiatives, policies, and programs to complement existing practices and create consistency across the organization.
- Work on a variety of compensation projects as assigned, including program design analysis, cost analysis, guidelines and procedures. Assist with annual salary survey submissions and benchmark analysis.
- Drive employee engagement across the business. Consult on the design and execution of high-impact action plans related to employee survey results.
- Drive DE&I initiatives and practices in alignment with program objectives. Foster an inclusive culture to mitigate unconscious biases, role modeling self-awareness and openness, and coaching leaders accordingly.
- Build solid partnerships with business unit leaders and the HR leadership team to ensure informed and efficient solutions are based on best practice, data, and understanding of the business.
- Manage specific projects as determined by the HR Leadership Team (HRLT) operational plan and contribute to functional and cross-functional initiatives. Establish project plans and manage multi-party and multi-phase projects from inception through execution in partnership with and at the direction of the Head of HR.
- Lead change (large and small) through robust change management, ensuring the awareness, desire, knowledge, ability, and reinforcement to sustain change. Coach leaders to be successful at change management to ensure the best possible employee experience, resulting in higher engagement, performance and commitment.
- Maintain knowledge of progressive HR practices and key trends.
- Be responsible for employee relations including proven experience conducting progressive discipline, investigations, risk management, and providing coaching to managers and employees for any issues that arise in support of company ethics and values. Support management in issues related to conflict, performance issues and termination.
- Support effective performance management through managing and training on the performance review process, compensation review and ensuring there is ongoing open feedback between managers and employees.
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “requirements.
- 10+ years of progressive HR experience; at least 3 years of executive HR leadership required. Experience in fast paced, high growth companies preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business, or similar. SPHR, SHRM certifications preferred.
- Experience developing, implementing and scaling a people strategy.
- Analytical, data driven, and experienced leveraging technology for automation, record keeping, innovation, and decision making.
- Understands current and future HR trends and regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal, coaching and mentoring skills at all levels from associate to senior leadership.
- Data driven and goal oriented, with experience measuring and reporting both quantitatively and qualitatively, and understands the importance of each.
- Balanced leader that makes recommendations based on data and EQ; Analytical with intuition.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Strong project management skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and G-Suite.
- Experience in the Performance Marketing, Technology, or MarTech industry, preferred.
- Experience in Call Center environments is a strong plus.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and changing environment using strong judgment and decision-making skills.
- This position can be performed anywhere except Colorado.