The Database Administrator is expected to design and optimize our AWS databases and storage solutions. You will be responsible for the monitoring, performance, security and accuracy of our data stores as well as planning what our future data infrastructure looks like.
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Partner with engineering teams to design performant forward-thinking data strategies
- Optimize performance through various database techniques
- Performs audits related to finding and correcting incorrect data, missing data, data collisions, and malformed data
- Owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests.
- Responding to database related alerts and escalations and envisioning strategic solutions to recurring problems.
- Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards.
- Be available for on-call support as needed
- 3+ years of supporting one or more: MySQL/Aurora, Postgres, Redshift
- Linux experience as it pertains to database and OS performance monitoring, log monitoring, MySQL installation and upgrades.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills with a nose for sniffing potential issues
- Ability to explain problems as well as solve them
- Identify alternatives, or different approaches specific to digital, information management and big data solutions with product mindsets
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a similar field preferred.
- Experience working with CloudWatch
- Experience in data warehouse techniques/strategies