Location: Remote, USA
Reports to: VP, Operations
We are looking for an analytically minded person with backgrounds in Analytics, Finance or Marketing. The Marketing Analyst is primarily responsible for data gathering and analysis to support marketing campaigns and aid in the evaluation of current business initiatives. The analyst will work as part of the Operations team for the DTC division to analyze and measure the effectiveness and financial impact of online and potentially some offline direct response acquisition and retention tests as well as forecast and present test results. Marketing channels include: digital, email, Social and Facebook client programs and alternative media.
- Update, analyze and issue weekly/monthly/quarterly tracking reports to facilitate key business decisions.
- Evaluate and provide recommendations for the following: acquisition and retention offers, new product development, media spending, and cost efficiencies.
- Design, conduct and facilitate quantitative analyses for a multitude of clients to support Marketing’s strategic and financial decisions.
- Analysis will include, but is not limited to, tracking, reporting and evaluating front-end performance, breakeven analysis of campaigns, pro-forma P&Ls and tracking brand sales, returns, cost, etc. pertaining to budget and actuals.
- Identify levers to improve financial performance of tests and campaigns.
- Assist in new Client on Boarding, including establishing platform and program specific requirements
- Complete Quarterly Forecast Including projecting profitability for all campaigns including shipping and Inventory volume variables
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “requirements.”
- BA/BS in Finance or Marketing, preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Finance or Marketing analytics function, preferred.
- Must be skilled in Excel and have working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must be interested in direct to consumer marketing and analyzing consumer behavior
- Continuity/club/subscription experience a plus.
- An understanding of finance/accounting and testing process is a plus
- Must have keen analytical and excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate financial concepts to varied audiences, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to manage multiple requests, multi-task and deliver requested work on time.
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent follow-through abilities, as well as, a highly creative and analytical problem-solver.
- Professionalism – Has the ability to work in a team environment, values and delivers requests with precision and on-time, presents in a clear, concise and confident manner. Is a positive influence, and exhibits a conscientious work ethic.
- Confidentiality – Needs to understand how to conduct him/herself professionally and when/where not to share opinions versus fact; when/where not to share confidential information such as financial information concerning Intellectual Property, revenue reports, proposed and new products, testing schedules and analytic results, etc.